Given the current situation, created by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), from EWJI we are implementing a series of initiatives to continue developing the diffusion activity of the association.
In this case, the initiative consists of launching webinars for professionals related to the activities of the industry.
Webinars (a combination of the words “web” and “seminar”) are video workshop or presentations, live broadcast and hosted online.
Using a specific platform, webinar participants can watch the presentation and follow the speaker’s explanations, as well as interact through a chat and ask their own questions.
The topics to be discussed during the webinar are the following:
Part 1: Introduction
- How do these movie tiles relate to our industry?
- Once upon a time in the west
- The fast and Furious
- Gone in 60 seconds
- Dead man walking
Part 2: Presentation
- What is EWJI?
- Why do we do this webinar?
- What do we want to achieve with this working group?
Part 3: Short term goals
- Complete market analysis about existing education and training
- How broad is the training given by manufactures?
- Which training is available in which country?
- What are the gaps and what is the biggest demand?
- Which certification is available and in which country?
- What and where are the shortcomings?
- Plan to work on shortcomings
Part 4: Long term goals
- What should be the minimum training and education requirements?
- How to achieve industry recognition by national governments?
- What are the differences existing safety organizations, trainings and certifications?
Part 5: What are our end goals?
- Lift minimum training and education requirements step by step to higher level.
- EWJI register that is able to communicate between different safety organizational databases.
- Building training curriculum not only about personal safety but also about best practices
Part 6: Questions and comments from participants
Dates and timetable
Tuesday October 20nd
The webinar has the following timetable (all hours are Brussels time, Central European):
15:00 – Start of the webinar
16:00 – End of the webinar
Mr. Jan van der Wal, STONEAGE
Participation in this webinar is completely free for all attendees, they just need to register in advance.
WARNING! For security reasons, you must fill out the registration form and access the webinar from an updated browser. The platform does NOT work with Internet Explorer. You can access from any other browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari (on Mac and iOS devices).
For logistical reasons, the number of participants is limited by the platform itself. So, registrations will be accepted in strict order of entry until the technical capacity available is reached for each session.
After filling out the form, you will receive an email of confirmation of your registration.