The webinar “Non man entry tank and vessel cleaning” was held by EWJI and it was given by Mr. Daniel Devo, from GEROTTO; Mr. Steve Ellis, from STONEAGE; Mr. Geir Gonsholt-Hansen, from IBKA NORGE and Mr. Alan Joeseph O’Shea, from BASF.
This webinar was prepared as a result of the meetings of the EWJI Automation Working Subgroup.
Part 1: Presentation
- What is EWJI?
- What is the EWJI Automation subgroup?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: Introduction
- What is the definition of a tank and a vessel?
- What is the safety hierarchy of control?
- How the three concerned parties – Asset owner, contractor and manufacturer- are involved in defining cleaning scope, methods and equipment?
Part 3: Cleaning methods
- How has the evolution from manual to automatic methods been?
- Manual cleaning
- 2D and 3D cleaning
- Semi-automated: crawlers and sweep systems
- Automated robotic systems
- What are the pros and cons of each method?
- What considerations should be taken into account on the pipes and tank peripherals (inlets & outlets)?
Part 4: Questions and comments from participants
Tuesday, September, 21st
15:00 – Start of the webinar
16:00 – End of the webinar
- Mr. Daniel Devo, GEROTTO
- Mr. Steve Ellis, STONEAGE
- Mr. Geir Gonsholt-Hansen, IBKA NORGE
- Mr. Alan Joeseph O’Shea, BASF
This webinar took place on the 21st of September.
The video of the full session will be published shortly.