The webinar “Non man entry tank and vessel cleaning” was held by EWJI and it was given by Mr. Daniel Devò, from GEROTTO; Mr. Steve Ellis, from STONEAGE; Mr. Geir Gonsholt-Hansen, from IBKA NORGE and Mr. Alan Joseph O’Shea, from BASF.
This webinar was prepared as a result of the meetings of the EWJI Automation Working Subgroup.
+ info about the webinar
Part 1: Presentation
- What is EWJI?
- What is the EWJI Automation subgroup?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: Introduction
- What is the definition of a tank and a vessel?
- What is the safety hierarchy of control?
- How the three concerned parties – Asset owner, contractor and manufacturer- are involved in defining cleaning scope, methods and equipment?
Part 3: Cleaning methods
- How has the evolution from manual to automatic methods been?
- Manual cleaning
- 2D and 3D cleaning
- Semi-automated: crawlers and sweep systems
- Automated robotic systems
- What are the pros and cons of each method?
- What considerations should be taken into account on the pipes and tank peripherals (inlets & outlets)?
Part 4: Questions and comments from participants
|Mr. Daniel Devò
|Mr. Steve Ellis||Mr. Geir Gonsholt-Hansen||Mr. Alan Joseph O’Sea|
|Date||September 21, 2021|
|Video||Recording of the webinar|
|Format||On-line: The video is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|
|Conference book||Includes all the slides presented by the speakers|
|Format||On-line: The document is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|