- The Global Industrial Cleaning Coalition has developed seven basic principles of high pressure water jetting.
The Global Industrial Cleaning Coalition (GICC) is a group of industrial cleaning safety associations, asset owners, contractors, and equipment manufacturers voluntarily coming together to contribute to the creation and adoption of basic industrial cleaning principles around the world.
Its mission is to help national safety associations adopt basic principles in high pressure water jetting, municipal/vacuum truck cleaning, chemical cleaning, and respiratory protection that are easy to implement country by country in consideration of differing workforce, regulatory and economic conditions and without imposing on sovereignty of the existing national organizations.
For this reason, GICC has developed seven basic industrial cleaning principles, in which they have differentiated between high pressure water jetting, vacuum truck safety and chemical cleaning.
Briefly, these seven basic principles are as follows:
- Joint Responsibility: collaboratively create and implement safety guidelines.
- Three Areas of Focus: focus on methods, means and people.
- Education and training: everyone is trained on how to perform the work safely.
- Knowledge and learning: developments in safety are followed and knowledge is shared.
- Assurance of guidelines: ensure proper methods are being used and guidelines are met.
- Working with safe equipment: only work with safe equipment.
- Working according to safe methods: use the safest and least physically arduous working method possible.